When it comes to lemon essential oils, I want you to think of all things “CLEANSING”. Lemon essential oil is widely known for it’s cleansing, purifying and cleaning properties. Plus it smells incredible! It takes about 75 lemons to make one 15ml bottle of lemon, so citrus essential oils are extremely condensed and potent.
Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the peel, not the actual fruit of the lemon.
20 uses for Lemon Essential Oil :
- Eradicate Undesirable Smells. The next time you have international potpourri of food simultaneously brewing in your apartment complex at dinnertime, be sure to diffuse Lemon to neutralize odors.
- Get Rid Of The Sticky Stuff. Lemon essential oil is excellent for removing sticky tree sap, sticker residue and permanent marker. It even gets gum out of hair!
- Pump Life Into Your Water. If you unfortunately don’t have great water taste in your town, add Lemon to that pitcher of water in the fridge. Add ice. Shake well. You will love the flavor! This also acts as a small detox by helping to flush out the bad. Start with just one drop only in the mornings. (ONLY use essential oils that can be used internally) Putting 2 drops of lemon oil in your water 3x daily can support metabolism and weight loss.
- A Remodelers Friend. It is possible to have fresh paint on the walls and a fresh smell in the air! Diffuse lemon essential oil while you repaint or remodel your home.
- Road Trip Relief. The next time you going ‘over the river and through the woods’ on a family road trip, (with family or pets) a little Lemon on cotton balls (other absorbent material) spread over your air vents or goes a long, long way to create a more pleasurable trip.
- Perk Up. First, diffuse lemon essential oil to brighten and energize your mood when you’re feeling down.
- Flavor Boost. Add a drop of Lemon essential oil anytime you are cooking with lemon juice (Salmon on the BBQ, Lemon merengue pie, Lemon zest) to give it a deeper, more rich flavor. In soothing winter teas, you can simply add Lemon essential oil to warm water, an herbal tea and honey.
- Pick Me Up. When you lack motivation or energy, try rubbing a drop of Lemon on your hands, the back of your neck or even through your hair. You’ll be amazed at the power of the Lemony aroma!
- Smell Lemons, Not Chemicals. Add a couple drops of Lemon essential oil to your dishwater. Adding Lemon will make it a better experience for you while taking advantage of the cleaning qualities in Lemon essential oil! Your glassware will be crystal clean.
- An Original All-Purpose Cleaner. Mix 5-6 drops Lemon essential oil with water and vinegar in a spray bottle to cleanse and purify surfaces. Use to clean kitchen counters and stainless steel appliances. For stainless steel, mix Lemon essential oil with olive oil for best results. In a study conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, it was discovered that by adding lemon essential oils to food it protected the food against human pathogens like E. coli and Salmonella. Which is another reason why lemon essential oil is an ideally household cleaner. (source)
- Preserve What You’ve Got. Use Lemon essential oil in a spray to keep your cut fruit fresh until serving. You can also add lemon oil to vinegar as a great fruit wash.
- Refresh Bad Smelling Washcloths. When your kitchen washcloths smell foul and could use a boost, add Lemon oil to your detergent, soak overnight, wash, dry and your kitchen will smell so much better!
- Nourish Your Leathers & Furniture. Preserve and prevent leather from splitting with a Lemon soaked cloth. Also, a few drops of Lemon essential oil combined with a few drops to olive oil makes a great furniture polish.
- ‘Lemonize’ Your Laundry. Instead of dryer sheets, try adding a few drops to a damp wash cloth in the dryer with the rest of your laundry. Be sure to set the dryer to a low temperature cycle as high heat will lessen the effects of the oil.
- Teeth Whitener. Mix lemon essential oil, baking soda and coconut oil and rub on your teeth for 2 minutes
- Clean Hands. Working on your car or bike got your hands greasy? Add a couple drops of lemon essential oil with your soap and watch the grease fall off.
- Immune Support. Lemon oil can support lymphatic drainage and help your overcome a cold fast, mix it with coconut oil and rub it on your neck.
- Gum Foul. Have sticky gum in hair or surfaces? Put some lemon essential oil on to help unstick the gum.
- Snotty Noses. Lemon oil give respiratory support. have a runny nose you need help with? Swipe lemon essential oil over the nose and under every few minutes until the airways clear up.
- Seasonal Respiratory Discomfort. Take internally to assist in respiratory support when the blossoms are in bloom.
Sun Warning: Photosensitivity When Using Citrus Essential Oils
When using citrus essential oils topically, you’ll need to be aware of going out in the sun as it can heighten sensitivity to the sun. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying lemon. Dr. Hill explains:
“Photosensitization is a special category of sensitivity in which exposure to ultraviolet rays (sunlight) after topical application of essential oil causes heightened sensitivity of the skin. This type of response is most commonly associated with citrus oils due to their unique chemistry.”
“The best way to avoid any type of sensitivity is to be aware of how your body reacts to certain essential oils in different scenarios. Try testing a small amount of essential oil in an inconspicuous area before beginning more widespread use. For some oils, like citrus oils, sunlight can be a trigger, so exposure to the sun should be avoided after topical application. With other oils, it is not the sun but simply how your body interacts with the oil that causes the sensitivity. Awareness of your body and its responsiveness and limits is the best way to maximize efficacy and minimize sensitivity when using essential oils.”
Want to get a wholesale account to get 25% off the best essential oils available?
Check out www.bit.ly/jewlhinton to get started
If you enjoyed what you read, please share, comment and like. <3